Follow:
Family Life

prone to accidents

So one of the things that I have realized over the years is that I am pretty much a walking disaster.

This was highlighted for me when one day in the church copy room I decided to use the electric stapler. I plugged it in and then realized that the cord was wound about itself. So I pulled the cord out. Unfortunately, this triggered the electric stapler, and it punched a staple down — therefore stapling the cord to itself.

The result of this was that half the copy room shorted out and was shut down.

The other incident was when I went to turn on a lamp. It suddenly started buzzing, flashing and sparking. Smoke started coming out the top. I stood there, totally fascinated, thinking, “Wow! Look at that! That’s never happened before!”

Albert, on the other side of the room, said in alarm, “Unplug it! IT’S AN ELECTRICAL FIRE!!!!!”

I said, “Oh!” and unplugged it. We then discovered that the bulb had been burnt to a crisp. I even have a photo to prove it.

Our family has now been enlightened that I have a “magic touch” to break things.

These incidents were recently recalled because I told Albert I wanted to learn how to make jewelry and learn welding. I was thinking jewelry welding, with the little torches.

Albert was picturing me with an arc welder, with plasma and power and potential natural disasters on a cataclysmic scale.

So, the other day as I tried to put a chip clip on the potato chip bag and suddenly snapped it in two, everyone just shook their heads. Daniel said, “I think Mommy’s guardian angel has to work overtime.”

Albert said, “I think Mommy actually needs two guardian angels.”

Share:
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

No Comments

  • Reply Marcia Francois

    I have those days… and then I stay out of the kitchen 🙂

    November 11, 2008 at 2:00 pm
  • Reply Angela Yee

    Good to know I’m not the only one! 🙂

    November 11, 2008 at 2:10 pm
  • Leave a Reply