Companies are doing all sorts of stuff nowadays to get people’s attention. I saw this posted on a friend’s blog and clicked out of curiosity.
It’s the Pomegranate Phone.
I’m not the type to spend a lot of time on a website but I confess I did linger a bit and click around just out of curiosity (and incredulity… and because I am a self-confessed technogeek… and also because I love my iPhone and wonder what could possibly be better).
What makes this effective? It’s a clever integration of many elements that make viral marketing effective (in my opinion):
- a “what’s this about?” draw
- great design
- multimedia — flash, video
- a “coolness”factor
- easy way to share with people (in the menu — can’t miss it)
- unique concept — haven’t run across ideas like this very often
- a way to not be obvious as to why this site exists in the first place
- a tie into the REAL reason for the website
Since I’m always thinking about how the church can better communicate with our culture, I wonder how can these elements be implemented into our efforts to share the good news of Christ to people? Our church is just on the start of expanding technology usage for communication beyond the standard phone, email, and standard website… there are all sorts of cool tools out there for us to explore!
I wonder what your experience and thoughts are as you poke around this website?