One of my top 5 themes with StrengthsFinder is Achiever. Achiever is defined as someone who is highly motivated to produce and to be productive. Achievers love to get stuff done. They always have long checklists of things to do and find it immensely satisfying to check things off the list.
Well, that is me to a T. Sitting around doing nothing is not rejuvenating to me. It drains the life out of me. I take time to pray and reflect and realize the value of resting my soul, but find that great refreshment comes from doing creative and organizational tasks not related to ministry.
So today I:
- had a good quiet time reading the Bible and praying
- made a prioritized goal plan for 2010-2011
- cleaned off my desk
- organized my purse with a new purse insert that came in
- researched free RAW editors
- researched Mobile Me as a backup option (unstable, crashed my PC)
- researched Dropbox and landed on that as my back-up option
- set up my iPad with apps and documents
- figured out how to do blogging on the iPad
- made a list of things to do before I go on my trip
- catalogued old video tapes
- sorted through 3 bags of clothes/items to give away
- organized jewelry on new rack Albert installed in the closet
- repaired a broken earring
- cooked lunch
- processed vegetables
- made snacks
- caught up on reading old blogs
- posted new blogs
- went on a date with hubby as kids were gone
- got some stuff at Target
- had dinner together as a family and enjoyed the conversation
- watched a short educational video with the kids
- washed the vegetable drawer
- read up on B3 organ techniques
- finished reading a book on how Toyota became the #1 car company
- started reading a fiction book
- lined the bathroom cabinet with shelf liner
- and took a nap on the Chair of Doom!
Ok, not too much creative stuff I guess but I feel totally refreshed from an exhausting two weeks of nonstop work. I’m ending the day feeling incredibly blessed and thankful of God’s goodness. The kids went to youth group tonight and came home jazzed — it always lifts my spirits to see their souls develop! And it’s really good having Albert home from his business trip.
So that’s a great day off for an Achiever.