We feel quite welcome here at Davis:
1. We were welcomed with unseasonably warm weather. It was forecast for 102° but I think it was only high 80’s or low 90’s, much better than we thought! Those movers are quite amazing. They really worked up a sweat. I only carried small, wimpy things and I felt tired. I don’t know how anyone can do this as a profession. My hat’s off to them!
2. Our neighbor, Luanne, stopped by to say hello! It turns out she goes to a community church in Davis somewhere. She saw the big moving truck so she came over to say hello! How friendly!
3. My sister Corrie came over with her baby and while he slept a long time, she hauled out dishes and helped us unpack most of the kitchen! it was so nice to have her here as my brain was pretty much on overload and starting to pound. All this decision-making of what to put where was just killing me!
4. Corrie and her husband Steve took us out to dinner! It was a noodle place in Davis with really yummy Asian noodles. Now there’s something that’s hard to find in Roseville. We looked around and it was almost all Asians. Albert said, “Wait a minute. I just don’t feel like I fit in here.” We are not used to being around so many Asians again! 🙂 Well, we really enjoyed the meal – so nice of them to treat us and take us to a place that we are sure will become a family favorite since just about everyone in the family loves noodle soup.
5. Jamie, the senior pastor, called after we got home to say hello. Then, a few minutes later, there was a knock on the door and there he was, with Haagen Daaz ice cream to welcome us! Turns out he had stopped by while we were at dinner. He came in and took a tour of our extremely messy house and then prayed for us. What a wonderful blessing it was to us!
Now that the furniture is all moved in, we are unpacking.. and unpacking… and unpacking… The movers were quite impressed how everything fit in here. We were quite impressed how full and un-navigable our garage is. My pillow I sleep on is buried in a box somewhere in that garage but since the entire garage is boxes, I am not having too high hopes that I will see my pillow any time soon….