I haven’t blogged in a while… and this is why. In the past 9 days
- Friday (at the end of a full week of VBS) – I went out of town and stayed at a friend’s house and had insomnia and slept 2 hours.
- The next day (Sat) I had a major video project due and stayed up til 5 am working on it and again slept 2 hours.
- The next day (Sun) I started getting sick.
- The next day (Mon) I was sick and stayed home and slept a lot in between trying to work on my message since Albert and I were preaching this past weekend.
- The next day (Tues) I felt better and went to work.
- The next day (Wed) I had a relapse and went home early and lay on the sofa with the computer in my lap working on my message.
- The next day (Thu) I went to a conference.
- The next day (Fri) I went to the same conference (a 2 day thing).
- The next day (Sat) I spent the entire day, in between family events, working on my message til 3 in the morning, tried to sleep but was coughing most of the night so again got 2 hours of sleep.
- And today Albert and I delivered the message, I went to meeting, tried to take a nap but woke up coughing after 1 hour and haven’t been able to sleep since. I tried to go to bed early but lay awake and gave up.
Between sleeping long bouts (from being sick) and suffering from insomnia, my sleep patterns are totally messed up. My focus this week is getting back to a regular schedule so that my body can fully recover! Even though I was home sick 1.5 days, I ended up working 60 hours, definitely not a healthy pace and what I hope is a rarity in the future!