This week I went to a week-long class on Vocational Excellence. What an outstanding class! I learned so much and felt like it was a huge life-changing experience for me.
One of the goals of the class is to help you develop self-awareness so that you can develop good inner health for the long haul. We took a number of assessments which were quite interesting in what they revealed.
I discovered I am an INFJ. All this time I thought I was an ENFJ but not so! Actually, my Introverted side is so close to the middle, I probably bounce between the two depending on the context. (I formerly tested as an ENFJ).
One of the fun things they included was a list of prayers by Myers-Briggs type. Not only are they hilarious, but most of them seem to be dead on. I don’t know where this list comes from or I would attribute it to its original source, but felt it was worth reproducing just because it is so entertaining! (And you know it must be entertaining, because it wasn’t until now that I realized the whole thing is in Comic Sans. If you know how much I detest Comic Sans, you would know this is a highly unusual thing to look at a document so many days and not to realize it’s in Comic Sans til now!)
- ISTJ – Reliable Guardian (Dependable) – “Lord, help me to relax about insignificant details beginning tomorrow at 11:41.23 AM e.s.t.”
- ISFJ – Practical Server – “Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me to do it EXACTLY right.”
- INFJ – Insightful Influencer (Empathetic) – “Lord, help me not to be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)”
- INTJ – Confident Constructer (Builder) – “Lord, keep me open to others’ ideas, WRONG though they may be.”
- ISTP – Action Player (Warrior) – “God, help me to consider people’s feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.”
- ISFP – Creative Designer (Artist) – “Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (if you don’t mind my asking.)”
- INFP – Visionary Idealist (Idealistic) – “God help me to finish everything I sta….”
- INTP – Mastermind (Architect) – “Lord, help me be less independent, but let me do it my way.”
- ESTP – Clever Operator (Resourceful) – “God, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though they’re usually NOT my fault.”
- ESFP – Creative Designer (Performer) – “God, help me to take things more seriously, especially parties and dancing.”
- ENFP – Sensitive Perceiver (Perceptive) – “God, help me to keep my mind on one th— (look, a bird) —ing at a time.”
- ENTP – “Innovative Adpter (Innovator) – “Lord, help me follow established procedures today. On second thought, I’ll settle for a few minutes.”
- ESTJ – Administrative Director (Responsible) – “God, help me to not try to RUN everything. But if you need some help, just ask.”
- ESFJ – Social Coordinator (Harmony) – “God give me patience, and I mean right NOW.”
- ENFJ – Caring Coach (Involvement) – “God, help me to do only what I can and trust you for the rest. Do you mind putting that in writing?”
- ENTJ – Take Charge Leader (Commandant) – “Lord, help me slowdownandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.”