Flaming hair dryer

Well I had an exciting evening. I was drying my hair when suddenly there was a flash. At first I thought we blew a circuit. Then there was another flash and I realized a big gout of flame was coming out of my dryer!

I went, “Ack!” and dropped the dryer (it landed in the sink). Fortunately it shut off my by itself.

My husband came running and discovered a gash in the insulation where the cord attaches to the dryer. He theorized that perhaps water had gotten in there, shorting out the dryer.

There was a dark mark on my wrist. But I think it was soot or something… wiped away and I didn’t have any burns.

I am very thankful I didn’t get burned our electrocuted or set my hair on fire. However, it was the only hair dryer we had so I am walking around with a wet head.

My husband, who is an amazing mechanical engineer, can get hair clippers to work by just banging them on a counter. I, on the other hand, have set a lamp on fire by just touching it, stapled an electric stapler to its own cord, and performed other miraculous acts of destruction simply by being present.

God certainly had a sense of humor in putting us together!

A Yee

Angela Yee is a professional designer (graphic design, stage design, interior design — angelayeedesign.com) and teaches leadership skills at strategysketchnotes.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.