Recently our family had to do a business transaction. I was sent a seven-page document that my mom had signed. The request was that I:
- Print out the document
- Sign the document
- Scan all 7 pages
- Email to my sister in Boston
- Have her print it
- Have her sign it
- Have her scan it
- Have her send it back to the business
After doing some calculations in my head and trying to scan two pages, I knew this was not going to work.
- I could barely read my mom’s signature. After scanning, the form was practically blank.
- Every iteration would mean a degradation of quality.
- And it took forever to scan each page!
Fortunately, being a self-proclaimed geek, I went the easy route. I used a website for PDFs.
- I uploaded my document to fillanypdf.com.
- I applied electronic signatures to each page.
- I emailed the link to my sister.
- She electronically signed it.
- We sent it to the business.
It was so easy. I love how it is easy to fill out any PDF form and also easy to apply signatures. No wasted time scanning, no decrease in quality, and I now have an electronic copy of the entire signed document if needed.
And it’s free! What a deal!