Every day I have to take breaks and go to the sofa to rest. Typically it looks like this:
- Take book and go to sofa.
- Lie down.
- Get thirsty. Realize forgot water bottle.
- Get back up and go get water bottle.
- Go back to lie down on sofa.
- Phone rings.
- Go to office to get phone.
- Lie back down.
- Read book.
- Want to write a note.
- Realize forgot pen and paper.
- Too lazy. Forget about getting up.
- Later regret I didn’t write the note down.
- Feel grumpy that I keep forgetting stuff.
You would think that after almost a year of doing this, I would learn!
Finally, this weekend, I put together my “relaxation basket.”
I took all the things I typically forget and threw them all in one basket.
My basket has:
- A book on world history I am reading
- My iPad (I am reading a book on that too.)
- A basket for my crochet stuff, including a little plastic case I got last week to hold my stitch markers, crochet hook, and instructions.
- Water bottle
- Moleskine notebook for taking notes (I carry this everywhere), with pen
- My phone
Yesterday I found these cute little fabric baskets at IKEA. They have larger ones and smaller ones, and the smaller ones were 3 baskets for $4.99! The fit perfectly into the larger basket. What is even funnier is that they match my book and the plastic case I had! (Albert asked, “Does this mean that if you read a new book, you will have to change all your baskets to match?”)
Here are two of the three smaller baskets. They fold up and have a zipper on the bottom. I even like the pattern. (I usually don’t like IKEA patterns, but I like these!) They have little loops that so you can hang them from a nail. My water bottle fits perfectly into the little basket.
Ironically, just when I got this basket together, now my health is getting better and I hope that I won’t have to rest so much. But I’m not too regretful about that!
I do like this relaxation basket, though, and now I never forget stuff!