I made another scarf on my eight-shaft loom, this time using 20/2 cotton. It looked great, except for some minor mistakes.
The front and back of the scraf look different — the weave structure is more textured on one side than the other.
I used light green and aqua yarn to weave the scarf. The colors were a bit too close. The scarf ended up looking like a solid color.
The problem was that I didn’t tie up my loom correctly, so there were many inches where the thread was loose. You can see in the photo where there is a long string sticking up on the scarf. This repeated regularly the whole length of the scarf, which showed me that I had incorrectly tied up the shafts.
Ah well, it looks good from the front!